Thursday, September 13, 2012

Celebrating at the World’s Biggest 50’s Party at Lead East


This Labor Day Fred and I took a trip to Lead East to find out what the “World’s Biggest 50’s Party” is all about.  It was my first time at this famous 50s party and I was looking forward to a fun day.  When we arrived at the Parsippany Hilton, we were impressed by all the super custom cars lined up for show in all the parking lots.  It seemed that everywhere we looked we saw classic cars that had us drooling and sighing.    It was cool to see them close up and cruising throughout the grounds.    We saw custom cars polished and finished to a high gloss, a few in the “working on it” stage and some fun theme cars that had us doing a double take.

Fred (Hey Viv Inventory Department Supervisor)
makes a new friend at Lead East

Dreaming that this Custom Belair is mine !
A lot of car owners hung out by their cars happy to answer questions and show off their hot rods.  One nice guy indulged me by letting me sit in his car.  Oh Baby!  Thank you  to Richard Melnik from Yesterday’s Memories Auto Club Staten Island.   His 1955 Chevy Custom Belair is sweet!



A trip down Memory Lane isn’t complete (for me at least) without shopping.  Lead East has several areas with booths selling vintage themed car collectibles, decorations, T shirts, costume and vintage clothing.    I liked that the vendors were inside, outside and mixed in next to the cars so there was always something new to look while Fred and I strolled through the hotel and the grounds.   We saw the cutest 50’s style kids clothes, Hawaiian shirts and frilly skirts at Cruise Kids  and met Mike from Pinup Parlor and Bombshell  Pinups.  I picked up a shiny black patent leather clutch at his booth along with some information about his Pin Up Portrait Services. Oo la la !

Of course Lead East is also about the music.   The DJ in the parking lot set the mood wise cracking, playing classic oldies and giving shout outs to all the attendees.  We heard an A Capella group in the hotel bar and enjoyed the 50s Karaoke in the hotel atrium – lots of talent out there.  I’m sorry that we couldn’t stay for the Sock Hop in the evening – definitely next year. I'm already planning my outfit :)

Best dress at Lead East - Lookin' Good!
You can tell a lot of heart and soul goes into running Lead East and it attracts a fun and friendly bunch of people.  Fred and I had a great time - Lead East keep on rockin another 30 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails